KVP Evaporating pressure regulator
The KVP is mounted in the suction line after the evapora tor. It is used to:
- Maintain a constant evaporating pressure and thereby a constant surface temperature on the evaporator. The regulation is modulating. By throttling in the suction line, the amount of refrigerant gas is matched to the evaporatorload.
- Protect against too low an evaporating pressure (e.g. as protection against freezing in a water chiller). The regulator closes when the pressure in the evaporator falls below the set value.
- The KVP are also used to differentiate the evaporating pressures in two or more evaporators in systems with one compressor.
- Accurate, adjustable pressure regulation
- Wide capacity and operating range
- Pulsation damping design
- Stainless steel bellows
- Compact angle design for easy installation in any position
- "Hermetic" brazed construction
- 1/4 in. Schrader valve for pressure testing
- Available with flare and ODF solder connections
- For use with CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants